Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need to make a verizon usb modem wireless.... HELP!

• Please log in to reply

valerientravis

valerientravis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi! i am new to this. here is my problem. i have a verizon wireless usb modem. hook it up to my laptop and desk top. i wanted to have it hooked up to my desk top and hook a wireless router up to fully utilize my internet. i would like to use the wireless for my wii blue ray and laptop without having to get a lan line... the problem is my usb card connects through my comp with software d/l to the comp it is a manual connection. so i can't directly connect it to a linksys. does anyone have a solution on how to do this. thanks for ur help and replies!!! :)
also, new idea let me know if this would work... if i set up a new connection to accept incoming connections like allowed a direct connection from a cable and hooked to router up to that would it work? i am so confused can someone please help me?

Edited by valerientravis, 24 April 2010 - 05:08 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
You need to contact Verizon to provision tethering for the USB modem.