Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Complete backup of the installed OS?

• Please log in to reply

Arun Anand

Arun Anand

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have Windows XP Professional SP3 installed on my laptop with all the updates intalled. I have got many applications and settings in my system.

So what I want to know is that, Is there any way that I can create a bootable disc of my current OS state, so that if something goes wrong I can reinstall it from that disc and get my system back or uisng that DVD/CD I can install the OS, applications and all my settings on another laptop with the same configuration?

Please guide me :)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Is there any way that I can create a bootable disc of my current OS state, so that if something goes wrong I can reinstall it from that disc and get my system back ...

Acronis® True Image Home 2010
http://www.acronis.c...ucts/trueimage/

... or uisng that DVD/CD I can install the OS, applications and all my settings on another laptop with the same configuration?

Acronis® True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack Add-On will let you restores to dissimilar hardware
http://www.acronis.c.../plus-pack.html

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Depending how big it is you can try to make an image of your drive c and burn it to a DVD.

If its to big to fit on a dvd you can partition your drive and put the image on that partition or if you have another hard disk you can have the image on that one.

Linux as a free program to create an image.