Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Downgraded my computer...want my old window vista BACK

• Please log in to reply

aq31

aq31

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I recently downgraded my computer to a windows xp when i had windows vista. i would like to get vista back but i dont have the recovery cds. is there anyway to get the old vista back without the recovery cds? i tried system recovery but it only showed recovery dates for the same day after i downgraded so they were no help. also, i cant seem to hook up my internet to the computer, which means if there is any solution, it has to be without internet. How can I restore my old windows vista including all the drivers I lost? My hard disk drives in My Computer has two local disks one is called HP and the other is factory sumthing....

Its a HP pavillion desktop computer, AMD, and used to run on Windows Vista...
Ill provide more information if I can...

Thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
What is the model number? You may be able to purchase a Recovery CD from HP.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you wiped the computer and put Windows XP on before creating a Vista Recovery disc set, then you will need to chase up HP for the recovery discs. I have once needed to order recovery discs for a laptop, it was Toshiba and they sent the discs no charge, see if you can get away with that! (It was only a few weeks old and the client specifically wanted me to get the discs... so...)