Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suggestions for backing up music library?

• Please log in to reply

acuradio

acuradio

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My music collection is around 100gig and is stored on my C drive.

Root is C:/Music
1st tier of subfolders is genre, i.e
C:/Music/Rock
C:/Music/Jazz, etc.
2nd tier of subfolders is artist
C:/Music/Rock/Aerosmith
C:/Music/Rock/Kiss etc.
3rd tier of subfolders is album
Then all the mp3s are in this subfolder.

1) Any suggestions on a program that will treat the entire 100gig collection as a large group and then automatically fill dvd's in sequential order. So basically all you have to do is is put in new disc when prompted. Then if your computer crashed, you could restore collection and it would prompt you for disc 1, disc 2, etc.

2) Once the entire collection is backed up, is their any program or script that can be used that will backup any files added after the (initial 100gig backup date).

Thanks !!!

Advertisements

cozy

cozy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Not sure on a quick answer to this, try checking online for backup software but with that large of a file i would suggest an external, fastest option and way less clutter with dvds layin around.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
as cozy said, an external harddrive would be a much better solution to your problem. you can pick these up fairly cheaply these days. you can then use software like smart sync Pro (or similar, they're are free versions out there) which scans folders for changes and copies only the new ones over to the backup. if your computer was to then crash it can copy everything back over and restore it all

spud :)