Why won't my CD-ROM work?
Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:51 PM
Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:03 PM
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Thank's to Broni for the instructions
Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:06 PM
If you cannot see it in your BIOS then its either the connection that is defective or your DVD-rom as seen its days.
If it's detected by your BIOS but not by VISTA then its a Windows issue. There are fixes for CD/DVD-Rom gone missing, those my help.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users