Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FIXED)Sound Card not working(FIXED)

• Please log in to reply

Coxor

Coxor

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
So it startd when i realized my speakers were very low and would not raise in volume like they use to, so i thought i was something wrong with ym sound card, i tried to update the driver, and during the install it had to uninstal old driver, and then it crashed, and now i am having a problem on gettin it to work again.

I run windows xp
and my sound card is a Turtle beach Santa Cruz,

i am not sure if i am even downloading the right drivers ad installation for it if i can get any help on this as soon as possible i would greatly appreciate it. please help,

Edited by Coxor, 25 April 2010 - 11:44 PM.

Advertisements

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, what driver did you download, is it one of these.

http://www.turtlebea...;CategoryID=311

Coxor

Coxor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
yes that is what i used to install it,

if i try to play a song in windows media player it says:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

Now i think what has happened possibly, the first thing i used to update the driver was the wrong program, and it crashed during, it crashed during it was uninstalling old drivers.. is it possible that it did not remove everything and some remaining is causing problems..

i do not know much about this kind of stuff, but if there is anything else you need t know to help me with my problem i can inform you with anything you need.

Coxor

Coxor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I got them to work, but i constantly hear a sputering noise repeatin in the backround of my speakres when nothing playing, also i cant get audio output from anything online,,, for example youtube, or any other video websites...any help?

Edited by Coxor, 25 April 2010 - 11:36 PM.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, with the noise issue you could try reseating the card 2 or 3 times to make sure the contacts are clean or move it to another slot. with the other fault this could be to do with settings in the setup utility. i'm not sure what settings there are as i haven't any knowledge of this card.

let us know if this helps