Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeekU Application....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi,
I applied for GeekU just over a week ago, i am just wondering if i will receive a PM if i am not accepted ????
I have checked pretty much twice every day and a couple of people have said they only waited a little over a day...
Does that mean i am not accepted or have you not got to it yet??

Thanks,
Dylan0001

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
The applications are reviewed by an actual staff members they are not automated, so it can take some time. You also have to factor in work, family life etc... etc... you will get a PM either way.

good luck.

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Yea i know i was just checking if i would be notified if i was not accepted.... are there any age requirements?

sorry... Thankyou :)

Edited by Dylan0001, 26 April 2010 - 02:05 AM.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

Geeks to Go is a family friendly site, accessible to anyone over 13 years of age.

From the TOU

I'm pretty sure that applies to GeekU as well.

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ya im guessing cuz i got accepted w00t :) lol

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Right now get to work slacker. Plenty of reading to do in the library, should keep you busy for a while. :)

P.S. congrats :)

Edited by Troy, 27 April 2010 - 07:04 AM.

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Thankyou :0
I went through the Hijackthis tutorial and made notes tonight for at least 5 hours and then i looked back at the list of things to read through
now im scared lol :)
i will not :) lolz and i am making i promise to myself i will never :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Aye it is hard work and not for everyone, just the same as attending a real physical university and hitting the hard subjects.

I have tried twice to complete GeekU so far but lost motivation once, second time I couldn't allocate enough time for it (busy personal life). I'm sure if I had the time for it now I could probably do it, but life's just busy for me and I sadly don't have time. I would like to do it one day.

Just remember to read heaps and ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask questions - but remember to search for an answer first! :)

Cheers

Tripcode

Tripcode

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

I have tried twice to complete GeekU so far but lost motivation once, second time I couldn't allocate enough time for it

Sounds like reading Ulysses.

Edited by Tripcode, 29 April 2010 - 05:27 AM.

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Sounds like reading Ulysses.

I have already spent at least 15 solid hours on reading, studying and taking notes and I have not as yet cleared the first practice log. This is gonna be a long drive......

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
The first PL doesn't require to have read all that. Go ahead and take a look at it. I know I sure didn't fully understand all the HJT stuff right off. Just read through it and then reference it as you need it whilst working on the later PLs.

P.S. In underclass I sure didn't spend that much time reading :) Don't worry you'll get faster :)

Edited by Cold Titanium, 29 April 2010 - 06:54 AM.

Dylan0001

Dylan0001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

The first PL doesn't require to have read all that.

ya I know I'm just a bit of a reader.... Pl1 just hasn't cleared yet....

P.S. In underclass I sure didn't spend that much time reading

I have read the library and the start page links... Third day here... Lol

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
The last couple posts should really be in the GeekU forum, not out here in the open.

I'm going to close this one up. :)