Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

IE8 feezes since install of Amazon mp3 Downloader

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a Windows Vista Dell laptop. I never got into the I-Tunes thing, but I recently decided to start downloading mp3s from Amazon. It was all pretty easy. I installed the Amazon mp3 Downloader and have since downloaded a few songs to my Amazon mp3 folder. (I haven't yet bought an mp3 player--will do that soon.)
The problem is: Ever since I installed the Downloader, about 50% of the time I go to one of the Amazon pages to peruse some mp3s, my IE8 goes kablooey. I get a box saying "IE has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." When I hit 'OK,' I get the following at the top left: "This tab has been recovered." And the Amazon screen comes back.
So it's not a big problem, but I was wondering why it's happening. Never had the problem before.

ETA: Update: As an experiment, I uninstalled the Downloader and started perusing Amazon again, playing sample snippits. After a few minutes, I got the IE warning again. So I'm assuming that it doesn't have anything to do with the Downloader, rather it has to do with playing the sample snippits. I'm pretty sure that's what I was doing when it happened before. Any thoughts?

Edited by paula1968, 25 April 2010 - 09:42 PM.