Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to remove infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ADLoc

ADLoc

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello, recently my Kasper-sky security system detected a Rootkit. It told me that it would remove it but it needed to restart so I clicked "Allow removal". However, even after the restart it showed me the same warning and my Google Chrome stopped working, along with my firefox randomly getting terminated. I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive some help so as to remove this threat before it spreads. Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
Recommend starting a new topic in our Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal forum.

Before you start a new topic though, please visit our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will guide you through a few preparations, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from one of our malware experts, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

ADLoc

ADLoc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
test

ADLoc

ADLoc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you for you're response and apologies for my delayed response here are the logs requested: I have also attached them if it provides any convenience.

Logs removed

Edited by Essexboy, 29 April 2010 - 03:15 PM.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
This is not the correct place to post your logs for analysis. I'll see if I can get a moderator to stop in and split this post off from this thread and move it on over to the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal forum.

Thanks,
ST.

ADLoc

ADLoc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Tried to post my OTL log but it would not let me so I have attached it below.

Edited by ADLoc, 29 April 2010 - 02:27 PM.

ADLoc

ADLoc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
It wont let me post my replies..keep getting un able to connect so I'm trying to chop up my posts sorry for the multiple posts.

Edited by Essexboy, 29 April 2010 - 03:16 PM.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
ADLoc-

You're not understanding. Please do not post any logs or look for any malware advice in this thread. You need to post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.

There. Not here.

Cheers :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 69,964 posts
I have removed all logs - Please start a new topic in the malware forum