Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect virus and Trojan horse Cryptic.FJ [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
no redirects so far and it rebooted properly. wow, could this really be gone? amazing.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log1.txt   27.81KB   115 downloads

Advertisements

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
My sound problem has been fixed. I went to device manager, found the device that was not working properly, then uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it and windows found the right driver for me.

Looks like all systems are a go and I am having no redirect problems for over six hours!

Thank you for your patience and help. Is there an efficient way to uninstall all of the programs that I added during this process?

:) :) :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Your logs are clean

Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware

Uninstall ComboFix

Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
  • Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
  • Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
    Posted Image
  • Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.

• Open OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste the following:
    :Commands
    [clearallrestorepoints]
  • Click the Run Fix button at the top
  • It might ask you to reboot, if so click YES

• Open OTL to run it. (Vista users, right click on OTL and "Run as administrator")
  • Click on the CleanUp button.
  • Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove tools, including this application
  • You may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process - if so, choose Yes

• Please read my guide on how to prevent malware and about safe computing here
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
The combofix uninstall is not responding. I did not proceed with the other uninstall. Does it matter that my Antivirus/Spyware is running while I tried to uninstall?

Thank you.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
skip that step and do the rest

then do this

Now we need to create a new System Restore point.

Click Start Menu > Run > type (or copy and paste)

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.

Next goto Start Menu > Run > type

cleanmgr

Click OK, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options tab then click Clean up on the system restore area and choose Yes at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created.

To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK then choose Yes on the confirmation window.

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Completed. The PC is running very efficiently. I will be contributing to your PayPal soon, thank you so much.

Can you give me an overview of what the malware was doing and how you got rid of it? I really, really, want to learn.

You are the man, Rorschach! :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
its a relatively new infection, hijacks the MBR and your ports. mixture of combofix and helpasstfix got rid of it

you will find out more in geeku

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
thank you.

after running the uninstall programs, i have audio if i play a CD, but no audio on streaming videos. i downloaded the latest Flash player, but it still did not come on.

Also, my AVG said that it caught these four Malware, but is this a false positive? I included a PNG copy of the AVG Virus Vault screen as an attachment. I couldn't find a way to copy the information.

Everything else seems to be running fine, except for the no audio on the video.

Attached Thumbnails

• AVGscan.png

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
for the audio problem, post in the windows xp forum

for avg, that's a false positive, ignore it

krpa-d-em

krpa-d-em

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
thanks, will do. ok then, since these four have been quarantined by AVG, should i restore them to their previous file?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
you can if you want yeah

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.