Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB port fault

• Please log in to reply

niknok

niknok

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hello,I am having trouble with the USB ports on my m2000 compaq presario laptop,
when I insert most USB attachments,IE memory stick,and or external hard drive,there is no response unless I jiggle the contacts until some connection is made,at which I have to hold the device firmly in the position.Lately there is hardly any contact,so I wondered whether the motherboard can be adjusted,or will it have to be replaced.
Any kind of help would be greatly accepted.
Thanks
Nik

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,753 posts
Hi.
Could just be a strained slot, bent pin. I would ring a couple of computer repair shops, explain the problem get a price for the options they give you.

niknok

niknok

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi.
Could just be a strained slot, bent pin. I would ring a couple of computer repair shops, explain the problem get a price for the options they give you.

Thanks Bud,didn't know it could be repaired,shall do what you suggest.Incidently stopped altogether now.
Cheers any way.
Nik

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,753 posts
Hi Nik.

Please post and let us know the outcome.