Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help finding a good deal for a laptop!

• Please log in to reply

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Hi,

I live in America. I am looking for a laptop/notebook computer. My price range is 500-1000. I don’t want a Mac, and I don’t want overheating to be an issue.

I will not be using it for gaming, so I do not want to spend a lot of extra money on unnecessary graphics cards – however, I do enjoy watching movies so I do want a decent video card and a pretty good audio card.

I want it to have great processing power, ram, etc. (so I can multi-task).

I want it to have a fairly high battery life.

I want it to be compatible with Windows 7, but having Windows 7 pre-built is not necessary.

I want to have a pretty good resolution, but I do not want to overspend for the best and highest resolution.

For screen size, I do not want anything larger than 15.4 inches; I want the laptop to be very portable and durable.

I want a built-in microphone, but Bluetooth and a camera are not necessary.

A 2 year warranty would be nice.

Nothing else is really of any importance, at least not that I can think of right now.

I need advice on which laptop to get, and where to get it. Money is an issue, I just want the biggest bang for my buck.

Thanks!

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
The Lenovo SL series may be a good fit for you. Use ecoupon code CAPSEARCHAPRIL.
http://shop.lenovo.c...r...n|t180E5|s