Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keylogger Software

• Please log in to reply

Itbephil

Itbephil

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Anyone know a good site i can buy Keylogger software?

Thanks.

-Phil

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What do you want keylogging software for?

Itbephil

Itbephil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
To know what's happing on my computer when i let other people use it. Also i want a better understanding on these types of programs like hands on experience, install of the program how to navigate through it and analyze the data it's giving me... etc.

Why is this against forum rules?

Edited by Itbephil, 27 April 2010 - 05:45 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I never said it was against forum rules.
The only issue you may run into with these programs is that they tend to be used for (and I'm not accusing you of this) malicious intent. Many of them come down with other programs and appear on an infected system and from here credit card details and stuff tend to go halfway round the world.
I would suggest that if you have doubts about what other people are doing on your computer, don't let them use it.

Itbephil

Itbephil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I didn't say you said it was against forum rules. I was asking the question, thank you for clearing that up.

I understand you guys see this software on people's computer that unwilling have it. However i don't attend on using this for malicious intent. I know that if i have doubts about people i should lock them out of my computer BUT... like i said that's not the only reason for my wanting this software. I want a better understanding of it and how to use it (Installing, Analyzing, Troubleshooting) I've been doing it with many different programs, most free software this site has listed I've played around with it just to understand it more. I can read up on it and view the screen shots all day but it's not the same as hands on experience and doing it yourself.

If this is going to be an issue G2G can close this thread.

Thanks!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I don't believe that this is an issue, but more of giving you information on cause and effect of this software.

For instance....Logging info on a computer without the users knowledge would most likely be a "violation of their freedom".

When you use company property such as computers and email, they have the right to log all this info. They get around the law by telling you in the company handbook that you receive and generally sign for (that you have read and understood).

cozy

cozy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just google free keylogger software, always nice to know what your kids are doing or attempting to do. There are some free ones out there that mature people can you use instead of using for some stupid malicious reason.

Itbephil

Itbephil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think you guys missed the bigger picture of me trying to become for familiar with this kind of software. That's OK though! Thank you for all the input, no further post are needed... unless you just want to = D

- Phil

Edited by Itbephil, 29 April 2010 - 09:55 PM.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
I'd install hardware.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would suggest that neither you NOR anyone else google "free keylogger software". you may very well find free keylogger software, but i assure you that you are not going to be the only one receiving the keylogs.

if you're interested in monitoring the activity on your system you've got a few options that are safe.

one would be to buy a Keylogger dongle. it's basically a little USB (sometimes serial, sometimes parallel) device that will log keystrokes to it's memory, then you can check the log by entering a password.

a more effective option would be to get a production grade software to do this. one that i've used quite frequently at work is Spectorsoft (also love their name). they have a home version that's only $100 and will log EVERYTHING done on the computer, it can even capture screenshots. it's completely undetectable (if you set it up correctly) and can't be removed without a password. i use the enterprise version and it's EXTREMELY effective.

the CHEAPEST solution is to password protect your account, and then set up a new user on your computer that has EXTREMELY limited rights to the computer and let anyone else who uses your computer use that account.

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Step 1. Google free keylogger software

Step 2. install

Step 3. Visit malware removal forum

Step 4. Change all passwords

Step 5. Put freeze on fraudulent charges

Step 6. Facepalm

Edit: SpecterSoft... I think of the specters from Mass Effect...Must be top grade stuff!

Edited by Cold Titanium, 30 April 2010 - 07:08 AM.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

one would be to buy a Keylogger dongle. it's basically a little USB (sometimes serial, sometimes parallel) device that will log keystrokes to it's memory, then you can check the log by entering a password.

Copy cat!

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

Copy cat!

He installed a key logger on your computer that copies all your keystrokes and posts them on G2G. Bad monkey..oh wait..which one?

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Simply the suggestion of hardware. dsenette and I have been on the same page a few times lately.

Joseph1

Joseph1

• Pip
  • 8 posts
You can use KeyBag ,it' s key logger as well.I use it.It's program recorder all what happens on computer.