Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cursor gone wild

• Please log in to reply

sassyjuneau

sassyjuneau

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I think this is a software problem but I am not sure. I just installed Windows 7 on a new computer and have notice a lot of changes. One that is driving me crazy is my cursor. In xp when you put the arrow on something and click enter or with mouse, wherever the arrow was is where it would open. Now I have an arrow and a cursor (?) that is shaped like an "I" which I used to see before. Now when I click where the arrow cursor is doesn't matter because wherever the I cursor is is what opens. I lose track of the I thing. This happens in all programs. I am always opening something I don't want to because the darn I is taking over. How do I resolve this? I do not want two cursors. I am sure this was not the case with Window xp. Do I have something set up wrong? Is this part of the Windows 7? I hope I explained the problem and thank you.

Advertisements

sokka

sokka

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
This is definately not part of windows 7.

This is unlike anything I have seen before and I don't really know a foolproof method of getting rid of it. However if this happened to me then I would run some antivirus checks just in case. Try googling it too and see if anyone else is having this problem.

Incedentally, are you using a touchpad or a mouse? Because touchpads are sometimes a bit weird, and need to be recalibrated.

Sokka