Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can i use Norton and SuperAntiSpyware?

• Please log in to reply

Itbephil

Itbephil

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Can i use both Norton and SuperAntiSpyware at the same time or will it cause a conflict???

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
Hi.
Yes you can use both at the same time without any conflicts.
Be very careful if you use the registry editor as doing the wrong thing can cause problems.

Itbephil

Itbephil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Why thank you very much kind sir!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Be very careful if you use the registry editor as doing the wrong thing can cause problems.

It is highly recommended to avoid any and all registry cleaners all together.

A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable. We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there. Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

Link to "Why not to use a Registry cleaner"

http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html

epoon515

epoon515

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In my thoughts, it's not recommended to have them both.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The programs do different things.
Norton is a on demand program which runs all the time. SAS has to be manually ran unless you buy the full version which has the on demand scanning capability.
I myself would not recommend Norton as it has been known to be a resource hog which will slow your system down. Two great alternatives we recommend here at GTG is Avast and Avira. Both are free and in the case of Avast it updates at least once a day and mostly twice a day. It's free and all you do is register it for a year. Below is my instructions for it if you decide to use it.

Please download Avast from my signature below. Please make sure you do the registration as it is good for a year or more. When it is due simply just reregister it.
Avast in my opinion is better because:
It's FREE to the Home User
It Updates it's Definitions daily
You can scan Individual Files, Folders and Drives
No buying new versions every year

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

In my thoughts, it's not recommended to have them both.

It should be fine to run them together. Running two or more anti-viruses is a no. But running two or more anti-malware/spyware is fine. I have multiple programs running at once, which all work fine.

Edited by Buttons1, 06 May 2010 - 03:59 PM.