Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAN network problem

• Please log in to reply

aznblade1

aznblade1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
is it me or no one is helping me with my problem

Advertisements

bgrauerholz

bgrauerholz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks Mike, but I've already done this step. I repeated again just as you suggested and get the same disappointing result and ipconfig.

bgrauerholz

bgrauerholz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sorry, aznblade1, I didn't mean to hijjack your problem to my own. Does any of the advice help you either?

aznblade1

aznblade1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
right now i tried everything that was listed , and it wont work.. any other solutions?

bgrauerholz

bgrauerholz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I'm in the same boat of despair. Help anyone?

bgrauerholz

bgrauerholz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
My problem is solved. As usual the solution was very simple.

I think all I would have needed to do was to unplug and power down everything including the power to my cable modem. Then, in sequence, plug in the cable to the modem, plug the ethernet from the modem to the router, ethernet from the router to the computer. Then, power on the modem and let it find its address for a few minutes. Then, power on the router and let it find its address for a long time (I left it for an hour and a half--but probably didn't need to wait that long). Then power on the computer. That's it, everything is now working with my MB LAN connection.

I hope this helps someone else...

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hello azn,

I would like to apologize that your post/problem was overrun, that is the reason that when a person has a problem, they start their OWN post, it helps us to help both people. But, since we are still pretty much at the start of your problem...

Let me start by seeing if I have this correct. You have 1 PC. You HAVE internet. You can connect to the internet. But when you connect to internet, it says your LAN is not connected. You still have internet right? If so, to be honest, I'm not sure I'd even be worrying about it. Since you only have 1 computer, you really dont' have a LAN (some considerations aside). As long as you can connect and use the internet, you should be fine. If this is INCORRECT, please post back with more detailed description.

Greazy Mcgeezy