Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS 7 HP450C PLOTTER

• Please log in to reply

james kamm

james kamm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am desperate to find a way to get my old plotter to work with windows 7. It is an HP 450c and it always worked before with all windows versions. I am using a Parellel to Serial for USB cable connection in order to plug it in and this worked well with Windows XP.Is the problem Windows 7 or the connection type?

Advertisements

pcs365_2

pcs365_2

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi,
I would like to know when you connect your plotter to your computer, do you see it in Device Manager. If yes, do you have any driver CD which came with the plotter at the time of purchase.
If you are unable to find that plotter notification under Device Manager the check the cable or the port you are connected to.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
with printer off, plug parallel cable into parallel port. Plug other end of cable into usb. Turn on printer. Does Windows 7 detect anything?

As pcs365_2 suggested, does device manager show anything (red or yellow indicators?)

What version of windows 7 do you have?