Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hp mini

• Please log in to reply

sarahfromcov

sarahfromcov

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a hp mini and it cuts alot of the pages off at the bottom have tryed screen resolution but doesnt help any ideas please!!!!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!, Sarah,

If you mean web-pages there's no 'cure' for this. It's down to the relatively small screen size which requires more vertical page-scrolling than would be needed on a bigger screen. It helps a great deal if you plug in a USB mouse which has a scroll-wheel instead of using the built-in touch-pad. Then you just need to click any non-active area on the page and turn the wheel up or down - it's very intuitive and you soon find yourself scrolling without even thinking about it. Very soon that small screen is no longer the hindrance it used to be.

Alternatively, you could try altering the 'zoom' setting within your browser to a lower percentage but then you may find the page elements too small to read.

The zoom setting for IE is under the 'View' menu. Don't know about other browsers 'cos I exclusively use IE8.

But I think a mouse-wheel is the way to go, even with bigger screens.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 02 May 2010 - 08:07 AM.