Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 acting a bit mental :tazz:

• Please log in to reply

cocolleran

cocolleran

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
:)
Ok, new pc build, installed Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. A couple of things seem mental.
(1)There is a 'phantom' that continuosly types the username and password I use to get into a site into any available typable space(web-pages, Word docs, search bar in Win 7). This is incredibly annoying and basically drops in whenever I start typing anywhere. As well as this the cursor keeps moving to different points in the text so very hard to type anything(this message is being typed on a different machine)

(2) Cursor is hyperactive, moving over files makes some of them open. Folders constantly being dropped into other folders due to this.

(3) VLC player plays for a couple of moments, then a load of changes happen to its settings, dimensions change, scale to fit, that sort of thing. Eventually stops (Able to open it up again but keeps happening). I have a load of Malware, Spyware and antivirus checks done but nothing shows up.

I'd appreciate any help.

Kind regards

cocolleran

Edited by cocolleran, 29 April 2010 - 07:18 AM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Lets see.

1) What browser are you using? Probably some form of password manager thats auto filling that in.

2) What kind of mouse are you using? If its something that is using software to manage the clicks, buttons etc. then I would make sure you dont have anything weird setup in there. Also, an update may be necessary.

3) Reinstall VLC.

cocolleran

cocolleran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks for the reply. I've a variety of browsers, IE8, Firefox, Chrome. It happens across the board. I've deselected the autocomplete option on each but to no avail. It doesn't stop with browsers, the pesky typing starts in OpenOffice applications, windows search bars, everywhere I can type anything. I've a Microsoft Sidewinder x8 mouse, have reinstalled drivers. I've uninstalled VLC player and reinstalled an older version but to no avail. First few minutes were fine, then crazyville again.
Thanks again
cocolleran

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
When did it start? You might be best off just doing a System Restore.

cocolleran

cocolleran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
All sorted thankfully, problems all came back to mouse. Microsoft Sidewinder X8. It seems a number of the programmable buttons on it decided to programme themselves. I upgraded the driver and performed a system restore to defaults. No probs since, thanks for the help.
:)

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Thought so, seemed like it was a 3rd party issue and it seems it was. Glad everything worked out. Any further issues please feel free to post a new topic.