Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X800XT and X800Pro

• Please log in to reply

Cbulles

Cbulles

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Not exactly the most computer literate, but I'm trying to figure out which one is the better of the two? Also, why is it better? Thanks guys, this will help my judgement.

(Both 256mb)

Advertisements

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
X800XT or if you want it better get the X850 Pro or XT XT is usually better =]

Cbulles

Cbulles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Looks like Dell only had the X800 Pro 256mb PCI Express... I currently have the X800se 128mb PCI Expres... will I even see a difference?

(I mainly want this for Battlefield 2)

Also, here are my specs

3GHz Pent. 4 w/ HT
1.5GB of DDR2 RAM @ 400MHz
X800se PCI Express 128mb
80GB hard drive

Edited by Cbulles, 21 May 2005 - 12:10 PM.

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Think of it this way you know about direct x and all that stuff right? if you upgrade your graphic card say to x800xt for example with 256 MB the gameplay would like better but also it will look more realistic. I know every gamer wants that especially i got HL2 and CS source DXDIAG(Direct X) well lets just say the higher the better =] plus many new games out these days require good Graphic cards i currently run under an Nvidia Geforce 6600 waiting to get an 6800 but their both good i recommend Nvidia though

Cbulles

Cbulles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
But should I see a difference in my gaming? For $401.00 I would hope so

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
yes sir i gurantee

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
srry for the double post your system specs are good enough for any new game to come out =] just need the right card for a good system :tazz:

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
id stick with the Nvidia 6600- way cheaper and still top of the line.

dispn0ygonekrazy

dispn0ygonekrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
much agreed nixx i rather get the Nvidia 6600 for anyone thats buying graphic cards. ATI is just going over with their prices because of their catchy , attentional details in their products but NVIDIA is just as good as any ATI card out right now and cheaper too =] dont be decieved by the price