Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

xinput1 3 dll error

• Please log in to reply

eikone

eikone

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I just bought Splinter Cell: Conviction and installed it. When I tried to launch the game, I receiver the error message, "The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I did uninstall and reinstall with no difference. I also ran CCleaner but that didn't help either. I have the latest drivers and DX versions installed. I've attached the DxDiag file, if that helps.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Here's a my system specs:
MOBO - ASUS P6T
PSU - 660w Kingwin Premium Series
CPU - Intel Core i7 920
CPU Cooler - Dark Knight
RAM - 6GB OCZ DDR3 Gold
HDD - 1TB WD Caviar Black
SSD - 60GB OCZ
GPU - ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB **
HDTV Card - Hauppuage Win TV-HVR 1600
Lian Li 3.5 LCD Thermometer & Fan Controller
Optical Drive - SAMSUNG Super-WriteMaster SH-S223
(will soon be adding a Blu-ray Disc writter)
System is housed in a Thermaltake XaserVI case that I have done some modding to.
Also have external 640GB WD MyBook Storage, LG Super-Multi DVD writter and
my HP w2408 24 inch LCD Monitor.

Attached Files