Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant load windows

• Please log in to reply

momsabeast

momsabeast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I get tis error when I turn on the computer. I cant load safe mode. I cant run the recovery CD. It wont let me boot from CD HELP!

Advertisements

Tpneer2

Tpneer2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
to boot from the Cd you need to enter bios to change the way the machine boots. by default most pc s use the hard drive as the first boot device
as the machine boots pay attention to the first logo screen to see how to enter setup
tap the correct key and use the arrow keys to move the highlight to the correct item in this case boot sequence and change it to make the CD the first boot device and try again
after its done with the CD remove it and then reboot and it should be all ready to go

momsabeast

momsabeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I went in and did that but for some reason it just wont boot from CD. I even tried a usb stick and that didnt work either.

Tpneer2

Tpneer2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
what brand of pc is this
if its a hp press F11 at boot to get to the recovery partition to reload windows and you are given 2 choices either destructive which i assume you dont want since this formats the drive or non destructive which will reload windows without messing with anything on the pc

on a dell press F11 and crtl and it will go tothe recovery partition assuming there is one on the pc

Summer6

Summer6

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, maybe you can try the Safe Mode fixer. :)