Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random sites "Unable to connect"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ChelseaDG

ChelseaDG

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm having problems browsing the web after deleting 3 trojans. Anti virus scans and anti spyware/malware can not find anything. Only random sites will connect, like my yahoo mail and facebook, but not most sites when browsing the web. I'm using windows 7 and connected to my wireless, D-Link. I think it might be resolved if I could reconnect to my modem but it says "unidentified network" when I hook an ethernet straight to the modem and I don't know how to fix it. My husband has a laptop that is not having the same problem but is very slow loading pages. I also deleted viruses off his and did another scan and found nothing else. Even in safe mode. Can anyone please help me??? :)
!*Chelsea*~

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

ChelseaDG

ChelseaDG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have already ran through the malware removal instructions. Did not help.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What's the link to your topic in malware forum?

ChelseaDG

ChelseaDG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
"Unable to connect" to certain web pages after removing Back, Unable to connect to certain web pages

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Can you paste a link to that thread?

ChelseaDG

ChelseaDG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
http://www.geekstogo...ck-t275535.html

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi Friend,
Try to re-enabled firewall, changed network settings to Private, from Public, turned off all file sharing and reset the LAN adapter again.

Thanks,
James

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to have somebody analyze logs and rule out whether your problem is malware related

If its not, then return here.

ChelseaDG

ChelseaDG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you James but that did not help either. And Scratch, I've done a lot of scans and checks and saved the logs, but I don't have anyone to help me look at them. I do not understand them at all. If you can help, just tell me what log you need and I will post it. Thank you!

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Somebody will reply to your logs soon enough. Will close this for the time being since its a malware issue