Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin router

• Please log in to reply

ray r

ray r

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi, I have a Belkin ADSL modem with wireless G router model FSD7632-4 and it keeps losing its settings, I have to go into the router page and reinsert all the correct information and then it works fine for a while, then out of the blue no internet connection and I have to start again.If anyone can advise as to what the problem might be I would be very grateful.
Cheers
Ray

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
That's quite unusual. With power applied to the router, depress the reset button on the back with a pin for 10 seconds, then release it. Enter the necessary settings. If it loses the settings just one more time in any time period, call Belkin and arrange for an RMA return, assuming it's still on warranty. If the unit was supplied by your ISP, call them.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try updating the firmware.