Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cmd.exe box keeps popping open

• Please log in to reply

knitmadmum

knitmadmum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am new at asking for help, so please forgive any errors! I am running XP on a Samsung netbook. The black box for cmd.exe keeps popping open and shut. It says in it "the syntax of the command is incorrect" I have restored to and earlier time, and thought it was solved, but it soon started again. I happens at 7 second intervals, so is very annoying. The last thing I installed before it hapened was a T mobile broadband dongle, and I have removed and re-installed it, and restored to before I insalled, but this didn't cure it. Please help as its driving me mad! It doesn't open for long enough to type into the box. The error code is 0xc0000142. I don't think I have an XP disc. Thanks in hope, Knitmadmum

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi knitmadmum ... :) ..:)

go to START..RUN...type in MSCONFIG...then click on OK or press ENTER..
click on START UP TAB...drag the window open to as large as you can get it...get me screenshot/s and post them for me...
if you don't know how to post a screenshot...go here...

Edited by happyrock, 02 May 2010 - 08:03 AM.