Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing CD ROM Drive and filters

• Please log in to reply

6one9

6one9

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am not very good with computers, so i'll try my best to explain my problem. I am using Windows XP professional. The device manager only list "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7201S", and "My Computers" only has DVD-RAM Drive listed.

When I insert a CD, the green light appears and I can hear it making noises, but it won't do anything. I cannot play or burn CD's anymore, like I have done many times before.

I followed some directions that said to delete "Upper and Lower Filters", they were supposed to come back after a reboot, but it didn't fix my problem, and now the filters are gone too. I've also searched this forum, and tried the solutions 1-4, and none of them worked as well as the CDgone patch thing.

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Newegg.com has CD/DVD burners starting at $21.99 with free shipping:

http://www.newegg.co...amp;PageSize=20

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
When you right click on your DVD drive do you have in your menu the tab RECORDING.

If its an old dvd-rw maybe it as done its days.