Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Screen flickers and sound unstable at startup/shutdown

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

My computer screen flickers periodically. Well, it's not quite a flicker, the screen contracts and expands very quickly and it looks like a flicker. It does this mainly when I haven't used the computer for a long period. The flickering stops after about 10 seconds and then the computer is fine. Also the windows startup and shutdown music stutters/sounds unstable, like either the system is unstable or something is slowing it down. Other than that my computer works fine although if I have a lot of stuff running and I watch something on youtube or a similar site the sound starts to stutter in that same way on rare occasions. I'm sure it is not a virus or malware as my computer is up to date and I have done all the scans recommended on this website. I even had someome on this site run me through stuff to get rid of any existing malware on my computer not long ago. Can my problem be fixed or is it something I shouldn't really worry about?