Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fix a Fake USB drive software

• Please log in to reply

Yhe1

Yhe1

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello, I think I just brought a fake 128gb kingston drive on ebay. I am looking for software to fix them and set them to the correct size. Does anybody have any experiences with those that they can recommend? Thanks.

Advertisements

Mikeme

Mikeme

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
If you think you bought a fake, you probably did, looks like they are all over the place. This link I am giving has 3 pages, read them all, it also has a link to a software that can tell you how many gb of info can be installed on the drive, ie giving the exact size of the drive. As for software to actually fix the size to correct size, you got me there. If it`s a fake nothing is going to change how many gb of info it can hold. Here is the link: http://www.brighthub...cles/33110.aspx

Edited by Mikeme, 01 May 2010 - 03:20 PM.