Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop keeps disconnecting from d link 615 router

• Please log in to reply

jkpt

jkpt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just set up Hughes Net Internet and added a d link 615 router. My desk top works great connected directly to Huges Net, so does my lap top when connected directly to Huges Net. However, when I added the D Link 615 to use my lap top wireless. It will keep disconnecting and while the D Link 615 is connected my desk top keeps disconnecting. My desk top is windows 98 professional, my lap top is vista. Has anyone else experienced thia problem?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there are a lot of odd issues with hughesnet and routers (of any kind)..

connect your computer directly to the hughesnet modem and press start, then run, then type "cmd" (without the quotes) and press enter, then type "ipconfig /all" (no quotes) and press enter. paste the results.

then plug in the d-link to the power outlet, and plug in your computer to the router, but DO NOT plug the router into the hughesnet modem. do the same as above (the CMD stuff...and paste the results)