Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

java

• Please log in to reply

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
PDF file
i went to my computer then, tools, then file types and changes all the folders that opened with notepad. i changed them one at a time to java. then i found out the one file that was used to open the file that i need for work and it was a PDF file.

it will open with ofice program but not with java

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
40vern-

PDF files are opened with Adobe Reader, not Java. You can download Adobe Reader from here.

Again- PDF files use Adobe Reader, not Java. As I said before, files don't 'open' with Java. Java is a language that allows other programs and files to function correctly, but it does not open anything on its own.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
ok i will take a look at it and see what happens. thanks agian.
i will let you know what i find out.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
No problem. Just didn't want to leave any room for confusion.

I'll be waiting patiently. :)

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
my hats off to you sir that did it. everything is working very well. now i don't have to unhook my printer every time i want to print a check stub. thanks allot. that was throwing me off is that one program at work makes me download java to work so i thought that this one need java as well.

i do have one more question, paint on 07 had a crop option but on my xp it does not. when i take a screen shot i like to crop the file or photo some. do you have any ideas?

very happy with the results thanks a million.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
You might try this link for your cropping question. :)

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
that did it. looks like you really know you stuff. thanks a million.