Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XFX Radeon HD 5770's screen shift problem

• Please log in to reply

Mooha00

Mooha00

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I recently purchased and installed 2 XFX Radeon 5770's and have the crossfire bridge installed. I also installed 3 brand new 23" LCD's but also had the same issue on a 19" and 22" LCD.

The problem I am having is I have a odd screen flicker sort of thing going on that causes the image of my primary monitor to shift. This only happens when there is 3D application up and running on any monitor (windowed or maximized) and the flicker only occurs on my primary monitor. It appears for a split second (I had to use a ditigal camera because FRAPS wouldn't catch it) every 5-15 seconds.

I have applied a custom profile that fixes a 2D underclocking issue that is common with this card. The fix basically edited the clock speed of each card to idle at 600Mhz GPU(light 3D mode) instead of around 200Mhz (previous idle). The heavy 3D mode is still default at 850Mhz GPU / 1230 Memory I also set the fan control for each to 59% and this keeps them idle at 47C for the primary card and 45C for the secondary card. Like I said above, I have swapped out monitors and it occured before I upgrade from a 19" and 22" to 3 23" screens.

Here are some screen shots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My setup:
Windows Vista x64 Home Premium
ATI Catalyst 10.4
8GB Corsair Dominator RAM
Zalman 850W PSU
2x 10,000 RPM 150GB Raptor drives (Raid 0)
2x 7,200 RPM 1TB drives (Raid 0)
1x 7,200 RPM 300GB drives (JBOD)
Intel Q9300 (O/C'ed to 3.4Ghz) w/ Zalman 110mm cooler
Asus P5E Delux Mobo w/ Rampage BIOS
2x XFX Radeon HD 5770's

Edited by Mooha182, 01 May 2010 - 07:07 PM.

Advertisements