Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection drops out or doesn't load properly

• Please log in to reply

Jaekus

Jaekus

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I've been having this issue for a day now, where pages won't load properly or not at all.
Sometimes when it loads pages it has a lot of broken images, when I reload (sometimes it takes a few attempts) it will usually fix it, but sometimes it'll come up with an error: "Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found."

Then it'll be magically fixed for a few minutes, only to do it again.
Oddly, facebook seems to be almost hassle free when other sites won't load.

We've reset the wireless router, called the ISP twice now, tried different settings on the router (different encryption etc) and nothing seems to be working.

It's driving me nuts, and I have no idea how to fix it. This happened once about a month ago but we simply turned off the router, turned it back on and it was fine after that.

I'm running the latest update of Google Chrome, my flatmates are using Firefox and IE, all with the same issues.

We're all connected on a home network via the router. One PC is connected via ethernet cable, my computer and the laptop are both wireless. I seem to be getting the problem a little worse than everyone else.

Please. What can we do to fix this?

Advertisements

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hello Friend,
I have the exact same problem. and I talked to tech guys regarding my modem which happens to work fine.

Thanks,
James

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Well the problem is gone now. I think it must have been TPG despite them telling us the problem was our router. Problem started late Friday night, disappeared late Monday night. We didn't change anything after Sunday, so it must've been their end.

Oh well, I'll know next time. Apparently Optus and Telstra have also had the same problem, just not as long, or so a couple other people told me.