Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Directx Problem

• Please log in to reply

Tuggieman

Tuggieman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Well I will try to explain this. I don't exactly know what caused the problem, but recently, my games that require directx9 won't work. The best way I can describe it is...

-When launching one of the games, it turns into full screen and freezes that way until I use task manager to get myself out of it and to see that the application is not responding, forcing me to end the task by force.

Now I have read the previous problems, so I went to run a dxdiag. everything seems fine until I get to the "input" tag, and it just freezes. It may be a clue.

I have 2 games that require directx and they both do the same thing, they launch, go full screen, and just freezes at that point.

Got a diagnosis for my illness doc?

Advertisements