Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus p5nd2-sli .. fryed or what?

• Please log in to reply

Rascle53

Rascle53

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Asus p5nd2-sli was workin when i got it and runnin win xp just fine.. stats, intel socket 775 , 2.8gh pent D cpu,4g ram,,i dont have any sata so im running ide hardware,heres what happened and the prob,,,my son changed the ram ( not dual channel ) from the two front ram slots to the two back ram slots,after he did that nothin but problems, cant even get win to load, sometimes i get bsod,other times win loads to right after you choose install a fresh copy of win,the screen goes to ,,please wait,,then hangs,,its like its gps system or somthen went haywire or it forgot whut its doing, the dvd rom powers down an it just sits there. ive tryed every configuration known to man kind an then some,id hate to think that this board/ram slots is cooked,but only thing i can come up with, i been workin on it for a week with the same results no mater what i try., and yes, ive even purchased new ram,and it didnt change a thing

Advertisements

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
the RAM should be in slots 1 and 3 for dual channel functionality. It probably isn't recognizing the RAM because it's not in the primary slot (slot 1).
can you get to BIOS?

Rascle53

Rascle53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
the ram is NOT dedicated,i have a 2g strip in channel i, the closest to the cpu,yes it will go intobios as i said, itll run all day in bios if ya let it

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
might be that something else is not working, wat stop code do you get on the BSOD?

Rascle53

Rascle53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
when i do get the bsod the codes vary from one to another, mostly the irql is greater than or same as thing... but be reminded, i do not get the stop code all the time

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Rascle53...

Have you tried setting the BIOS defaults or resetting the CMOS?

wannabe1

Rascle53

Rascle53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
problem solved! cpu was bad,it would run till it got warm then shut down,,thank yall for ur suggestions an help,,,,now, how the heck do i delete this thing? ( laffn )

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I don't think the CPU was bad... I think it was just overheating.