Welcome to Geeks to Go! My name is Gammo
and I will be helping you fix your computer problem.
If for any reason you do not understand any of the instructions, or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your question, and we will go through it again.
I need some more information first.
Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner
. Unzip it to your Desktop.
Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.
- Double click GMER.exe.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
Click the image to enlarge it
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
- Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Check the box that says Scan All Users.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time