Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Errors with Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

jonesfamily

jonesfamily

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yes I am a dunce. Iwill reboot. I should have printed out your reply so I could follow the instructions exactly.

Thanks again!

Advertisements

Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
this looks to look like you are being asked for a login/password to logon to a Domain... if this is not a legit :tazz: domain a/o you are NOT connected to a domain,

Start > Setting > ControlPanel > Network.
for the applicable adapter, select TCP/IP > click Properties.
click DSN Configuration tab -
> For a typical home configuration - verify "Disable DNS" is selected. Click |OK| and reboot...
Note: I suspect your DNS is set to "Enabled DNS" with Conway listed in Domain: field.

P2E

jonesfamily

jonesfamily

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I also believe that my computer size is limiting my pc abilities.

I tried to download "Netscape 8.0' and I recieved an error that I didn't meet the system requirements.

I have attached the error I got. I will probably need to invest in some type of upgrade to help me combat my pc troubles. Any suggestions on what I need to purchase would be appreciated.

Thanks Again!

Attached Files

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Everything that will bring you up to the minimum requirements..

What are you running now??

BTW, how is the logon coming??

Murray

jonesfamily

jonesfamily

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
You Guys are Soooooooo Awesome!!!

My computer is working like it should. I can reach all the websites that I couldn't before and life is indeed good again!

I would like to express my sincere thanks to the staff at Geeks to Go Forum for putting with me until I got my resolution.

THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!