Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NIC Problems

• Please log in to reply

craigalan

craigalan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also having trouble connecting to the internet. When i try to install my verizon software,i get a message that i need a INC. My computer has a ethernet port, so i am assuming that my computer has a card.When i go to add hardware wizard, it shows a yellow question mark beside ethernet controller. When i click on this i get a message that says the drivers for this device are not installed. The wizard wants to find the drivers on the web, which it can not access because of the ethernet problem. It also asks that the cd be inserted so it can search for drivers. I have inserted all of the disks and the wizard says it can not find them. I have also tried to roll back on these drivers to no avail.There are also question marks by video controller,multimedia audio controller,and video controller (vga compatible). Please Help

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) craigalan
I need a little more info to help. Is this a name brand system and if so what make and model is it?
Do you have a drivers disk for the system?
If it is not a name brand system but a custom built system do you have a disk for the motherboard?
If not do you know what make and model motherboard you have?
This will help me to find the correct driver for you so that you can resolve the driver issue.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 and I have a drivers and utilities cd for reinstalling v.9x (capable)/56k data/fax modem software for microsoft windows, also drivers and user documentation for dell 1704fpt color monitor, also drivers and utilities for dell lasar printer 1100, also application for reinstallingcyberlink power dvd software, also application for reinstalling sonic recordnow 7.3le software, also operating system for reinstalling microsoft windows xp home edition including service pack 2. is this enough info?

Please do not private message us as everything needs to go through the topic so others may be able to get help also.
Go HERE and expand the Network entry line. The last entry in that area is the driver for your onboard nic card. Save it to your Desktop and then go into Device Manger.
Right click on the nic driver with the yellow exclamation mark and then click on Update.
When it asks for location of driver browse to the desktop and choose the driver you downloaded and saved. Let me know if this resolves the issue.