Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

laptop stopped connecting to wifi / blue screen

• Please log in to reply

BoneFishGA

BoneFishGA

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
My laptop uses a Cisco radio card and a Linksys WRT54G router.
I can see the wireless networks but cannot connect with windows or the Linksys program, which I normally use.
When I ran the trouble shooting program for the Cisco radio card and I got this message.

"Use Network Icon in System Preferences application to set network configuration for your client adapter".

I also ran the windows network repair and it turned off the radio card.

I try to turn the radio card back on or find these "System Preferences" my computer locks up and I get the blue screen.
I think I've really messed up my laptop and not sure where to go from here.
Would be grateful for any ideas.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Sounds like a driver issue. Update the driver from Cisco's website.

BoneFishGA

BoneFishGA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I tried to go online to update my radio card driver and I can't get online by lan either.
I tried to run the repair program for the lan and I get a "renewing IP address" to correct the problem.
Then I get a message that it cannot be renewed and there may be a problem with the network.
I ran windows repair program for the wifi connection also and it turned off my radio card and I can't turn it back on.
I tried to rollback to a previous driver and now it says I have no drivers installed for the radio card.
I also tried to uninstall the radio card and then I was going to reinstall it and see if windows detected and updated the drivers but Device Manager program does not respond when I select uninstall.
I believe I have several issues from me messing around trying different fixes so I attempted to run the Restore program and could only go back to April 1st and I still can't get a connection.

BoneFishGA

BoneFishGA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This is the second time I've posted to this site with little or no response.
I don't get it.
Great site!!