Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Age of Empires 2- Units halting

• Please log in to reply

Aleihr

Aleihr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I'm hoping someone might be able to at least lead me in the right direction?

I'm wanting to get back into Age of Empires 2, after well, ages. Problem is this laptop almost plays it right. The only thing is that the units will halt if I don't watch them.

Like if I have them go do a task, make them move somewhere whatever. If I move the screen away from them, they'll stop.

My Toshiba runs on Vista. And it doesn't matter, game disk, trial version download, expansion trial. I keep getting the same bumpkis.

Do you need more information to help diagnose the problem?

Advertisements

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Please make sure you have the latest updates you can download here.

Aleihr

Aleihr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've had it updated even before the fact. So no go.

Edit: This is embarrassing. But it just turned out to be a player error. Key mapping. I had it set up to scroll with A,D,W,S.
See that last letter there? S. As in Stop, which is what it was. ^ ^;

Yeah...

Edited by Aleihr, 03 May 2010 - 02:44 PM.