Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

You Guys SOLVED my SPYWARE PROBLEM/INFILTRATION ALERT

• Please log in to reply

Avrum10

Avrum10

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I'm posting here because of the success that I had getting rid of what I ultimately found to be a "rogue Spyware" infection. I started getting an "Infiltration Alert" and endless warnings that my computer is "infected" and it appeared to be an effort to force me to the point of desperation to buy some phoney "Anti-Spyware" software called "AntiSpyware Soft."

Well, I actually spent the better part of the day attempting to get rid of this problem...It made it impossible to open any Windows folders and it made it impossible to use the Internet. I was able to use my wife's computer to figure out how to disable the horrible thing so that I could at least use my computer to seek a solution. I tried a number of measures that were recommended at sites that I got to before I found this one, to no avail. Only when I found Geeks to Go and used your Malware Removal Guide, step by step, was I able to solve this nasty problem. I was successful with the Malwarebyte Quick-Scan, so I didn't have to go any further. It found the problem and deleted it.

SO...I registered, here, so that I could post this because I just wanted to go on record to say that THIS is the place to go when you feel like you'll never rid your computer of someone else's sick idea of marketing....or any other problem that may confront you with a computer problem. THANKS!!!

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
thanks so much for the kind words, and signing up to post this. We are glad you got sorted, feel free to stick around, look around, learn a little, and share with us.

thanks,

Brian