Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New external drive enclosure not recognized

• Please log in to reply

favorme

favorme

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all,
I broke the USB interface of my original Fantom external drive. I have my data on the drive. So, I bought an USB 2.0 external drive enclosure and installed my hard drive (WD) into it.

When I switched on the drive it did not appear in "My Computer" nor in the "Device Manager". I tried fiddling with the on-off switch of the external enclosure and tried to push in the cables attached to it.

When I switch on now, it appears for a very short period of time in the device manager- universal serial bus controllers- as USB Mass Storage Device but the it disappears in a few seconds.

Could the problem be with the power supply of the external enclosure? Is there a way to get my data off the external drive? Please help.

Advertisements

favorme

favorme

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I would really appreciate if someone can help with this. Thanks.