Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failure of application (0xc00012d)

• Please log in to reply

welywa

welywa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I've read one post in your forum about this problem, but it did not give much idea to me :) Hope that you'll be able to help me here. Recently I began having this problem. Firstly my Google chrome browser breaks down and then other programs seem not to work at all, I keep receiving the message: "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc00012d). And nothing works neither task manager, nor control panel. As I've read in the previous topic I've scanned it with Hijackthis, and the log is as follows:

I really hope that you'll be able to guide me.

Thanks for your time in advance :)

Edited by handhfan, 04 May 2010 - 05:09 PM.
removed hijackthis log -- clean

Advertisements

plus2plus

plus2plus

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Follow Start bar ⇨ Programs ⇨ Accessories ⇨ System Restore. If you able to system re store, then copy the line below, and then paste it to Windows+R (the window key + R)

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=c:\testchrome

let us know what happens (if chrome works, this means you have a corrupted profile)
if it doesn't the problem lies somewhere else.....

this will also create a folder under c:\ called testchrome, which you can safely delete after.

If those not apply you need fresh install your window.