Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connection to internet

• Please log in to reply

clodhopper

clodhopper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i just formatted my machine, did everything the same as any other time of formatting.
and for some dumb reason.... i can click ont the ol internet button on my keyboard and bahm perfect, then again perfect.. then even go to other sites perfect.
then take a few breaks come back click on the ol internet button....NOTHIN!!
the status bar crawls and the page opens saying this page cannot be displayed blah blah. sometimes it comes back when its good n ready,but most the time i power cycle my modem ( i have broadband cable modem), this always temporarily fixes the problem.
---------------------
i have ran every spyware program on the market, i kinda have a thang with those programs. there are no toolbar hijakings etc. just thought id get that out ther.
-----------
also i killed zone alarm, then deleted norton antivirus off machine, cause as you no nortons hard to kill !.
nothing made a difference.i deleted the n force drivers and re installed the latest of the web, nothing has helped.
im not on a network, single computor. and yes i fired up zone alarm n norton.
this is an intermittent problem, cocmcast said its happening from the modem to my machine. and it is, i hooked up a friends computor and it worked fine with all the same software only real diff was his computor is very slow.
i hated getting so wordy here but i noticed these forums could save a lot of time if people would be way more specific enitialy.
i personaly think it has something to do with my ip address changing ? modem stuff to me is very greeky!!
help please you computor geekers !! thankyou for your time.

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I had a similar problem. Internet would work fine for a while and them bam!!
NO internet. I check EVERYTHING, I even had the phone company out at the house to check the land line. It all boiled down to the MODEM. it worked when it wants to. Since I replaced the modem, no problems.
I did all the power-cycle stuff. It's a temp fix.

Trade the modem into the phone company and get a new one.

Good Luck!