Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Cut Out! Xp home edition

• Please log in to reply

Anker_man

Anker_man

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi new to this kind of this usually find answers without posting, but not in this case!

Ok I have a relatively old PC, running XP Home Ed SP3 when running any media or even browsing the net it loves to cut out. There is a clicking noise then blank black screen I restart for it to tell me it has recovered from a serious error.

After searching the net I have tried various approaches to no joy......cleaning fans etc... Ive checked microsoft web site it tells my the system maybe trying at access drivers not compatible with XP!??! Checking the system I have 2 hard drives that are running driver version 5.1.235.0 (Maxtor 6y080l0) Main, ST340810A Secondary. Is this it?

Any help would be great! As you can tell not very well clued up with this!

Thankyou please

Advertisements

Anker_man

Anker_man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Closest i found on MS wedsite

Serious error:
Error signature:
BCCode: A, BCP1: EB532A8, BCP2:000000FF, BCP3: 00000000, BCP4: 806BB1BE,
OSVer: 5_1_2600, SP: 0_0, Product: 768_1.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Windows XP
You need to turn off Automatic Restart so when you do get a BSOD, you will be able to read what it says, record the information and post it here if you have problems in the future.

Right click on My Computer and click Properties
A window will pop up. Select the Advanced tab at the top.
Under Startup and Recovery Settings click the Settings button.
Uncheck box for Automatically Restart.

report the error if you get one next time this happens