Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XPS 600 desktop not powering on

• Please log in to reply

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Anyone know why a XPS 600 Desktop would work perfectly one day and then overnight go *poof* and not work..?

the motherboard power light lights up, the power button lights up when you first plug in the power cable, i hear all the devices and fans give a whirl, but when i go to hit power button to turn the computer on.. nothing... no fans.. no devices.. nada thing...

nothing inside the computer looks to be out of place. no stray cables. everything looks to be plugged in good. I reseated the MoBo's power supply cable, to no avail i might add.

any ideas?

Advertisements

Mr.E

Mr.E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
actually.. nevermind.. i found the problem. one of the cables i reseated was for the power button. It had come unplugged after i had reseated it. Tight space and mixed with oter cables i must have pulled it loose while playing with the others. Problem solved. Guess i should have double checked before posting.. *palm to forehead* should had a v8...