Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless dropping out

• Please log in to reply

billy1561

billy1561

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all.
New to the site out of frustration but hopefully can contribute in future.
My issue:
Laptop was sent away for a warranty repair and the main board was replaced. Since then i can hardly ever reconnect via wireless and when i can it drops within minutes. The router works fine on another laptop my son uses so its my machine thats the issue. I tried the wireless driver but it is the most current apparently.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Billy

PS out of warranty now so that route is closed.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
Wonder if they forgot to plug the wireless antenna(s) back in when they reassembled it? :)

billy1561

billy1561

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Wonder if they forgot to plug the wireless antenna(s) back in when they reassembled it? :)

I guess that's possible but it does actually work from time to time albeit for short periods.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
Wireless interference?

http://www.cyberwalker.com/article/316

Boost the signal?

Edited by SpywareDr, 06 May 2010 - 05:51 AM.