Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build - Having an issue

• Please log in to reply

lillizzierae

lillizzierae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It's my first build and I'm having issues now. The computer powers up (everything seems to be working, fans, lights turn on) but it doesn't boot up and I don't hear any beeps. The monitor stays in standby mode. Could it be the graphics card? I also plug in the keyboard (not through usb but ps/2) and it doesn't seem to recognize it, seeing that the light doesn't come on.

The monitor is hooked up by Dynex dvi-d to hdmi cable.. dvi-d (monitor) to hdmi (graphics card). And the monitor worked fine when I hooked it up to the PS3 with the same cable. I couldn't hook it up to my other comp being that it doesn't have hdmi.

Is there anything I can do to figure out what the problem is?

SPECS
* AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
* GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
* Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX
* G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
* Thermaltake TR2 W0388RU 600W ATX 12V v2.2 Power Supply
* SAMSUNG F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
* ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
It might ba a PSU problem

If I was you I would try these:

Disconnect everything but the essantial (Video card, One stick of ram, keyboard) and see if you can get it to boot or at least hear beeps.

Clear your CMOS settings

Try another PSU if you can:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Confirm you have plugged in all of the PSU cables to where they need to go - especially the CPU and graphics come to mind as common mistakes I see not being plugged in.