Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window vista won't booked up [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Elise

Elise

Emsisoft Research

• Expert
  • 3,389 posts
From what I have been able to gather, its more like an incompatibility issue that Vista has with certain recently installed hardware or Updates.

Can you please access the Command Prompt using your Vista DVD.

Type the following text and press enter.

fsutil dirty query c:

Let me know what you receive back at this command.

Also, what is the drive letter in the command prompt (if not C:\, please change c: in the command above into the correct driveletter).

Advertisements

sharie39

sharie39

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I did fsutil dirty query c: but I had to go into the system32 file to do it and it came back not dirty.

Elise

Elise

Emsisoft Research

• Expert
  • 3,389 posts
Since everything seems to hang on the CRCdisk.sys file, lets disable that service and see what happens.

Please rerun OTLPE, copy/paste the following text into the "custom scan/fix" field and click run fix.
:reg
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\crcdisk]
"Start"=dword:00000004

Let me know what happens when you try to boot. Try Safe Mode and see if it still hangs and on the same driver (try also normal mode).

sharie39

sharie39

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
it not stop as classpnp.sys I changed back the bios cos when it was ata it just keep doing the blue screen but with ahcl it when pass microsoft corporation and then hung.

Elise

Elise

Emsisoft Research

• Expert
  • 3,389 posts
Hi, since I really don't see what is causing the problem here, I asked some help from the more techy people here at G2G to see what they think of it.

I'll get back to you shortly, sorry for the delay :)

sharie39

sharie39

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi

Thank you for your help. And thank you for referring me to someone else.

Elise

Elise

Emsisoft Research

• Expert
  • 3,389 posts
Hello again,

It seems this is a problem with your Harddisk. Best would be to save any important data as soon as possible (you can do this using the OTLPE disk we made and copy data you need to a flash drive or other external storage device).

Afterwards you can try to format the drive and reinstall Vista, however it is possible the drive has gone bad definitively, in which case the problem most likely will repeat itself.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of such bad news; please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Elise

Elise

Emsisoft Research

• Expert
  • 3,389 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.