Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Keyboard types funky

• Please log in to reply

bravesamwise84

bravesamwise84

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I plugged a "Logitech Classic Keyboard 200" into the USB port on my ASUS netbook, so I would have a full-sized keyboard with 10-key in order to get some schoolwork done quicker. I've used this keyboard many times on other laptops, and nothing weird ever happened. When I unplugged it from my ASUS, the built-in keyboard now replaces numbers when you try to type certain letters. Here's an example;

"I'm just typing some sample text here" on my Logitech keyboard

"'0 14st ty*5ng s60e sa0*3e text here" 6n 0y [bleep] 2eyb6ard

As you'll notice, some letters are replaced with numbers, and others simply act as a Backspace, such as I or U.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and I can't find where I can uninstall the Logitech keyboard that seemed to cause this fiasco in the first place (and yet works perfectly itself).

What should I do?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try pressing [fn]+[F11] to turn off the NumLock. (It may be some key other than [F11] on your netbook/laptop).