Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Drive problem

• Please log in to reply

PsychicDoom

PsychicDoom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a USB Drive (Kingston G2 Traveler to be exact). At one time i was doing something else with the USB drive, in this case, i was trasferring files from my PC. All of a sudden my computer's folders freezed up, and i was forced to terminate explorer.exe from the processes list.

Shortly after a restart, i tried copying files again, but this time the computer DID read the USB but under the name Removable Drive, instead of its custom name. When i selected it explorer.exe freezed again, and i was doing the same process earlier. I can't even get files from it, not even accessing it.

I need urgent help.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try booting to an Ubuntu Live disk and retrieving your data that way. Once you do, format that drive since something is probably corrupted on it.

Gpops

Gpops

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have same problem. Copied my picture files to the flash drive but when I tried to reinstall them back into my computer only the pictures that wasn't in folders were there and the pictures in the folders were gone. There was two folders that had only a few pics in them that was still there. The rest was empty. Anyone know why?